For some fun in the driveway, we decided to try out the Fizzing Sidewalk Paint I learned about in another blog... Mama Smiles. You can find the recipe there.
It's a Birthday Party day here at daycare and Hot (again) and before Hurricane Isaac brings us long awaited relief from our horrible drought, we intend to fix up the driveway for a huge welcome!!!
By the way, Lou turned 4 today :)
Just for keeping parents' sanity, aprons were required.
We split up the paint in these recycled lids from laundry detergent containers.
These bottles were filled with vinegar. Disregard the writing on the bottle that says Bleach H20.
What did we learn in this process????
- Color recognition
- Sensory experience through the scent of vinegar
- Sensory experience through feeling textures in painting different surfaces such as sidewalk, leaves, rocks, fingers :)
- Don't paint our friends, they may express their opinion
- Eye-hand coordination
- Fine motor practice in stirring paint to keep it from setting up
- Sharing space and cooperation