Our Olympian podiums.
Last week we practiced some bean bag fun. Here is a list of some of the 'challenges' we handed out:
- Toss your bean bag up & catch it
- Toss the beanbag and clap 1 time and catch it
- Toss it, clap 2 times and catch & 3 times, etc How high can you go?
- Throw the bean bag under 1 leg and catch with the other hand
- Now switch legs
- Throw the bean bag up, jump 1 time and catch it.
- Now jump 2 times, etc. How high can you go?
- Try to catch with just your right hand.
- Now just your left hand
- Balance it on a foot, toss it up and catch it
- Now switch to the other foot.
- Put a beanbag on your shoulder and run without letting it fall. (This became a relay game.)
- Can you throw it up and catch it behind your back?
- Can you run with it on your head?
What we learned:
- Fine motor skills
- Social skills
- Spacial awareness
- Color recognition
- Physical development
More beanbag fun coming up this summer.........