Upon visiting Pinterest, I happened upon a board for upcycling cardboard.
I was smitten!
We have since created a cardboard washer & dryer.
For this dramatic play feature, we added:
- doll clothes
- dolls .......some ended up inside the washer :( good opportunity for discussing safety
- pretend laundry soap
- measuring cup/scoop
- Laundry basket for wet/dry clothes
- Paper & crayon for 'laundry list' notes
- Tool box for fixing broken appliances
- Magazines to read while waiting on the laundry
At the next 'laundry day' I hope to add clothespins, clothesline and sorting items to pin up.
Mrs. McNosh Hangs Up Her Wash storytime is also in order.